Hornbill festival is the largest celebration of the indigenous warrior tribes of Nagaland.
The Hornbill festival is held every year from 1st - 7th December, in Kohima Nagaland, Northeast India.
It is one of the most cherished festivals of Nagaland, where locals arrange a out of the world show with great zeal and enthusiasm.
This festival is organized by the Government of Nagaland for promoting cultural heritage of Nagaland.
It is a assured entertainment package with colorful mixture of dances, performances, crafts, parades, games, sports, food fairs, religious ceremonies and more.
This holiday package is perfectly designed to capture the rich essence of this beautiful festival.
The cost does not include
Due to the nature of the places we are visiting, the type of accommodation during this tour varies considerably and is often very basic. We will be staying at a charming, simple and comfortable hotel in Kaziranga, a very basic bamboo-hut guesthouse in Majuli, simple and comfortable guest-houses in Kohima.
Please note that Indian Nationals require Inner Line Permit (ILP) to enter Nagaland and we need atleast 3 - 4 working days after we receive the following documents to obtain the ILP:
1) Full Name, Age & Occupation
2) Valid Indian Passport/ Attested copy of Driving license/Voter Id card/Adhar Card
3) 04 Passport size photograph
From Guwahati/Jorhat airport, we drive to Kaziranga National Park.
We will go on an early morning safari at Kaziranga National Park. You will be surprised how common here are the one-horned rhinos, the pride of Kaziranga. The park’s riches are not limited to the rhinos alone. There is a thriving population of a variety of large mammals and birds, many of which may cross our paths during the safari. But we know that your eyes may be set on the powerful rhinos, which you may not see so abundant anywhere else in the world.
Later, we will drive out to Majuli, crossing over Brahmaputra on a ferry, where we will be staying overnight.
Majuli has a confluence of Vaishnavite culture and Mishing tribal culture. A village trail walk will let you explore both; there will be plenty of opportunities to observe and capture the local life; the colourful weaves and clothes of the people make for wonderful portraits. We will visit the Sattra, or monasteries of the Vaishnavite sect of Hinduism. Expect a performance by the monks; their energetic dance performance accompanied by drums and cymbals are a visual treat. You will also be given a guided tour of the Namghar (the prayer hall), and the living quarters of the monks. We stay at Majuli tonight.
This morning, we depart from Majuli and drive up the hills towards Kohima, stopping at will along the way in the tea-estates and rice-fields of Assam. We reach Kohima in the evening, where we will be staying tonight.
This is our day to visit and photograph one of the most amazing sights in Nagaland – the Hornbill Festival, where the various tribes of Nagaland get together to showcase their customs and traditions. Fantastic costumes, fabulous feats – capture all with help from your accompanying photography expert. Try out some of the local cuisine from the various stalls around. After the entire day spent at Kisama village–the location of Hornbill Festival, night market in the streets of Kohima will definitely rejuvenate you. Colourful stall adored with sparkling lights, each one has something unique to offer.
Horn bill festival
It’s time to explore Nagaland beyond Hornbill Festival. Today, we visit native Angami Villages an hour’s drive from Kohima. This visit will offer interesting insights to communal living of Angami and other Naga people. We will see, understand and photograph the way of life in these villages, interacting closely with the villagers all through the day.
We drive out early in the morning from Kohima to Kaziranga, where we stay and rest. We spend some time today sitting together, ruminating on the experiences of the last few days, pouring over images and sharing what we have captured in our cameras.
We check-out after breakfast and drive to Guwahati or Jorhat, depending on where you are departing from. Please see arrival/departure section for departure advice.
Important Point for Holiday packages
1. Premium will be charged during festival season or long holidays season and weekend for hotel booking. Some hotels if do not have restaurants or charge hefty amount; in those cases we will not be able to arrange breakfast however we will compensate by INR 100 per head per day for breakfast or we will ask our guide to take you for breakfast
2. This price is applicable for couple booking
3. The change in dates will attract re-quote
4. Normal hotel check-in time is from 2:00 PM onward and check-out time is at 12 PM and in India its 12 for check in and 10 for check out
5. The above cost does not include any kind of surcharge, if applicable during the given travel period
6. 'No Show' is subject to full booking charges
7. Pls call us for group booking discount if there are more than 2 adult travellers
8. For international trips Forex conversion of 4.4% or INR 2000 is applicable per booking
9. Package has to be booked at least 5 days in advance to ensure quality. For urgent packages we will try our best to arrange the best hotel available for you in that category
10. If more than one state is included in the transfers; there will be additional interstate taxes that our customer has to pay
11. No money will be refunded if hotels are car is booked and payment is already made. In this case Navigers will provide proof of expense to customer
12. No bookings are made until customer makes the payment
13. Rates are subject to change without notice
Cancelling before 1 Days to 10 Days will deduct 100%
Cancelling before 11 Days to 20 Days will deduct 75%
Cancelling before 21 Days to 30 Days will deduct 60%
An ideal and easy trek which can be covered in 2-3 days. The trek takes you to 3000 meters in few